full-duplex 802.11?

Robert Tchia robert.tchia at palantir.com.au
Fri Jul 26 19:29:33 EST 2002

Oops, Sorry Brett :-o

This is an indication that I should get some sleep ;-)

Lets try again...

Simon Byrnand wrote:

> The problem is not (just) frequency overlap, but frequency proximity.
All
> radio receivers suffer to a greater or lesser degree from a phenomenon

> called "desensing". In laymans terms, a strong signal on a nearby (but
not
> overlapping) frequency has the effect of reducing the apparent
receiver
> sensitivity on the desired frequency. The stronger the nearby signal
> and/or the closer in frequency, the more the effect. This is not just
> a small effect, when the output of a transmitter is close to another
> receiver
the
> effect can be extremely severe.

Hi,

Does this mean I better not have two antenna mounted on the same mast?

This is what I try to achieve...

I have setup and in testing a redhat 7.3 box (thanks to Martin Pot for
his info :)) with 1 cabletron cards inserted into PCI cradles and 1
Compaq WL-200 PCI card.

WL-200 will serve as an AP and will be connected to an 8dbi Omni
antenna.

Cabletron will be use for point to point (WAN) link and will be
connected to a 24dbi parabolic mesh (similar to conifer or ex galaxy)
antenna.

Please be gentle on this newbie  ;-)

Cheers
Rob