Look ma, no aerial!

Tim Smith tim at albanyis.com.au
Fri Jul 19 23:32:02 EST 2002

Hi
I haven't had time to have a look at the link you included yet, but the
theory of operation of what you are talking about is not dissimilar to the
"leaky coax" used in underground comms systems, as in mining, all over the
world. The only thing that is immediately obvious to me is your suggestion
of putting the coax inside copper tubing, this would effectively shield the
whole antenna from the outside world which of course will render it useless

Regards
Tim