kernel: eth1: Null event in orinoco_interrupt!

wlan wlan at zaragozawireless.org
Thu Jul 18 07:13:13 EST 2002

>Is there anybody here who could make orinoco card with TI (I think 1410,
>can't look up now.) chip work under linux.
Yes i have been working with TI 1410 for a while without problems althout
seems to be some problems with this TI1410 adapters and some motherboards

> I also found a lot reports about the problems. But I didn't
>found anything which could explain what the source of the problem is and how
>could it be fixed/worked around.
Here you have what seems to be the source of the problem as David Hinds
explained in pcmcia list:
 "This problem, where the kernel is unable to determine the interrupt
routing for a PCI device, is a limitation of the linux PCI subsystem. It
tends to be motherboard specific because it depends on what information the
BIOS provides. I think the problem most often crops up, these days, with
boards that are designed for ACPI. They provide PCI interrupt information in
ACPI tables, but do not provide a complete or correct PCI Interrupt Routing
Table, which is the only way the kernel currently knows how to fish out this
information."

And seems not to be any easy solution.

You can find more information about TI1410 problems here:
http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/CommentsTi

Regards
wlan at zaragozawireless.org