full-duplex 802.11?

Michael Scholten michael at affairs.net.au
Tue Jul 16 13:19:37 EST 2002

I've successfully put two Lucent cards into a desktop using two ISA->PCMCIA
adapters and, using Linux drivers setting the cards to different channels in
Adhock Demo Mode (rather than IBSS or whatever the newer Adhock mode is)
without a problem.  The machine is configured as a relay point though, with
both antenna pointing in different directions.  (I tested without external
antenna first and it worked fine then too.)

I tried using the IBSS mode and found that even though I attempted to
specify a channel the card automatically switched over to the other cards
frequency.  I also noticed this "feature" by setting a frequency in a
notebook and bringing the machine close to a strong signal on a different
frequency - it simply "switched over".