Wireless scanning support in orinoco driver

Paul Gonin paul-ml at gonin.net
Sun Jul 7 09:30:44 EST 2002

Hello,

I am writing a QT/E application to display the results of the scanning
performed by the orinoco driver (0.11b with contributed patch from
Moustafa A. Youssef for WE14 support)

It works quite well.

When I remain in my Infrastructure setup I can scan all the access
points of the network (but I don't seem to be able to discover other
networks (key, essid ??))
Anyway, I tried to scan with a more 'general' setup for scaniing (ie
adhoc with encrypion off and essid any), and I also managed to get a
list of all the access points in my network. Unfortunately I haven't
been able to go try discovering other networks as my application crashes
with the following error (for info. the scanning part of the app. is
almost word for word iwlist but in a C++ wrapper)

hermes @ IO 0xc2911000: Card removed while waiting for command completion.
hermes @ IO 0xc2911000: Card removed while issuing command.
eth0      Scan completed :

Looking for corresponding item in scanning results...
not found
not found
not found
AP List updated
hermes @ IO 0xc2911000: Card removed while issuing command.
eth0      Failed to read scan data : Resource temporarily unavailable

then this last line indefinitively...

Any idea of what could be the source of my problem ?
May I be missing a patch ?

Thanks
Paul