Correct way of using the orinoco_cs driver

Mike O'Connor mike at pineview.net
Mon Jan 21 01:42:20 EST 2002

Hi

The point is that the kernel does not support all the devices that pcmcia-cs
does. So I have allways use the pcmcia source code and not build the pcmcai
stuff in the kernel.

I linked the include/asm and include/linux because thats what supposed to
happen. Must current Disto do not and this causes problem, at least thats what I
have seen from my reading of the linux kernel mail list.

Richard Sharp has a problem with redhat 7.2 because it did not do this linking.
Instead it use a kernel-header package which is upgraded each time a rpm kernel
is installed. The problem is that if you compile you own then the headers are wrong.

Ever things you have said about the pcmcia version stuff is probably right, but
thats what ever one else has said on other mailing archives, but there was never
an answer to the problem put forward..

Cheers
   Mike