MELCO support?

Cindy Wong ckpwong at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 15 14:46:55 EST 2002

>How did you attempt to set the essid?  What error messages did you see?

After doing more research on Google (and with the help of the fish for
documents in Japanese), I found out the problem is actually with the
PCI-PCMCIA bridge.  All I had to do was to put the lines in
/etc/sysconfig/pcmcia:

    PCIC=i82365
    PCIC_OPTS="irq_mode=0"

Someone ought to put this in the wireless HOWTO, because I've seen so
many people with the similar problem, who usually blame the wvlan_cs
driver and then turn away from linux all together.

Cindy