IBM card not working ...

Jim Carter jimc at math.ucla.edu
Thu Feb 28 10:43:34 EST 2002

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, David Gibson wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 12:47:47PM +0000, Paul Millar wrote:
--- snip ---
> > The other machine was running Windows 2000. It didn't say, but I suspect
> > it was running in IBSS ad-hoc as per the standard ... I can check this. I
> > hadn't altered the Linux driver, so I guess it should have been in IBSS
> > mode too.
>
> I wouldn't count on the Windows 2000 machine being in IBSS mode.

When my Linux server talks to my laptop booted into WinXP (only for
testing, you can be sure :-)  with the Linux box in IBSS mode, the cards
interoperate, implying that the WinXP default is real IBSS mode, and I
would assume that Win2K would do the same thing.

I think I remember seeing a checkbox or Advanced Parameter for selecting
Ad-Hoc Demo mode, but I can't be sure.

James F. Carter          Voice 310 825 2897    FAX 310 206 6673
UCLA-Mathnet;  6115 MSA; 405 Hilgard Ave.; Los Angeles, CA, USA  90095-1555
Email: jimc at math.ucla.edu    http://www.math.ucla.edu/~jimc (q.v. for PGP key)