Well done guys on the testing of the WL200 Cards hope you can help me?

Mikel faktor at dingoblue.net.au
Sat Feb 23 12:29:42 EST 2002

Well done guys. I have been watching your progress for awhile. We have a
setup where we use Compaq WL210 cards in Linux boxes using wavelan_cs
drivers with external antennas ( Austar type ). The Antennas then point
to a Cisco BR500 (3km away) which has a 10 dbi Omni ( picked up the Omni
cheap for around $300 can give you supplier if you like). We both point
to that and get average ping times of about 3 to 4 ms. We have our
windows boxes connected to the Linux gateways and play Q3 till our heart
is content.

The WL210 using the wavelan_cs driver is set to managed in
wireless.opts. Can anyone tell me how to set up encryption between the 3
points and whether it has an effect on your ping etc. Not sure where in
drivers or wireless.opts to set the encryption. Anyway am interested to
see how you go

Thanks
Mikel