More on the Orinoco + XI-825 + StrongARM platform...

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Fri Feb 22 17:08:01 EST 2002

David Gibson wrote:

>>Is there anywhere I can look to see what 'status 1' might mean?
>>I got over my fear of hacking drivers (hopefully that is a good
>>thing :))
>>

> Status 1 is a "retry error" which I believe means that the firmware
> has retransmitted the packet as many times as it's going to, hasn't
> gotten an acknowledgement, and so has given up.

Is there anything to set (or read) to determine the number of
retries?

I think I may just comment out the printk for this message,
the higher layers can deal with re-transmits as needed (ping -f
is not a very normal type of network load...)

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>       <Ben_Greear AT excite.com>