More on the Orinoco + XI-825 + StrongARM platform...

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Wed Feb 20 17:11:53 EST 2002

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 09:51:43PM -0700, Ben Greear wrote:
> The interesting thing is that when I ping between the other machines, I
> see packets received on the cube.  When I ping from the cube to the laptop,
> while sniffing the wireless port on the laptop with tcpdump, I see this:
>

> [time-stamp] 0:60:b3:69:56:67 > Broadcast null I (s=85,r=85,C) len=50
> (more of the same)

Was there not something about structure padding that caused some structures
to be padded differently on Arms than on other architectures, causing
transmitted packets to be unreadable to anyone else?

I beleive it was fixed in a more recent version, the one shipped with the
kernel source is pretty old now.

http://ozlabs.org/people/dgibson/dldwd/

HTH,
--