How to cross-compile pcmcia-cs to StrongARM?

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Feb 20 13:09:17 EST 2002

Daniel Smith wrote:

> My first suggestion would be to look at debian-arm for ideas/binaries etc.
>
> The other possibility is uClinux, pcmcia  is common in their space
> and the SA1100 dev board (AFAIK a supported target) supports pcmcia.
>
> Oh, and familiar -- the iPaq distro supports the CF/pcmcia cradle.
> www.handhelds.org
>
> Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Ok, I got the pcmcia-tools (iwconfig, etc) to compile and seemingly
run fine on the cerfcube.  When I plug in my XI-825 CF NIC, I see this
in /var/log/messages:

Feb 20 02:03:45 CerfLinux daemon.info cardmgr[85]: initializing socket 1
Feb 20 02:03:45 CerfLinux daemon.info cardmgr[85]:   product info: " ", "IEEE 802.11 Wireless LAN/CF Card", ""

This card just came out, so I'm guessing I need to add some extra configuration
to tell it to load the wavelan_cs.o module...  Anyone know where I should start
editing?  (I'm gonna go poke in the /etc/pcmcia directory in the meantime..)

Btw, if anyone wants the ARM pcmcia-tools binaries, just drop me some email and I'll
send it to you...

Thanks,
Ben

--