driver question

Prasad Venkata Boddupalli bprasad at CS.Arizona.EDU
Sat Feb 16 05:18:50 EST 2002

I just got to lay my hands on the document, "IEEE 802.11 Network Adaptor
Design Guidelines for Windows XP". In that they talk about extended OID's
that let us configure the card. For example, the description of
OID_802_11_BSSID says:

Query: Returns the current AP MAC address
Set: Sets the MAC address of the desired AP

Does it mean that Microsoft is privy to some of the firmware API's for the
orinoco card. Or are they just placeholder's ? Can someone please throw
more light on that.

thanks,
Prasad.