Hard lockups with orinoco driver.

Jonny Torvald Strom Jonny.Torvald.Strom at cern.ch
Fri Feb 8 20:46:46 EST 2002

Hello

Since nobody answered my question I am now answering it myself :-)

After the last mail I read in the README.orinoc this:

Q: Why do I get lots of "error -16 writing header to BAP" (or similar)
   messages in my log?

A: This is an error reported by the firmware, but its being triggered
   by a major bug in all versions of the driver prior to 0.09a.
   Upgrade to the latest driver as soon as possible.

I had this problem with hard lockups and I saw a similar message printed
and the the computer did a lockup, so I have upgraded the orinoco driver
to version 0.09b and now it works and now more hard lockups for about 2
weeks. Thanks a lot for fixing this problem in the new driver.

Cheers Johnny