Newbie: Orinoco Silver/SMC Barricade/wvlan_cs

Pauline Powledge pollyp at drizzle.com
Fri Feb 1 04:07:14 EST 2002

All,

I wanted to give an update on my problem with pinging
from Orinoco silver card to a SMC Wireless Barricade,
using the wvlan_cs driver, in the hopes that I save someone
with a similar problem a few cycles.

At the suggestion of a list member, I tried an upgrade of
the SMC Barricade firmware, from version 1.92c to 1.94a2.
Problem solved! Really, all life's problems should be this
easy to fix. :^)

Also from this list, I learned that there is workaround on
the wvlan_cs side, detailed on Jean Tourrilhes's pages.
The problem is also fixed in the orinoco_cs driver, which
is one more good reason to move migrating to this driver
to the top of my priority list.

Thanks again for the help!

Polly Powledge
pollyp at drizzle.com