DWL-900AP+, 5v Power over Cat5, Slotted waveguide.

Lyle Williams lyle.williams at bigpond.com
Fri Dec 27 07:52:08 EST 2002

I only have enough Cat5 to get up the mast here, and I'm using pairs of
conductors for power and ground.  At present, things seem to be working, but
I haven't really gone through any temperature extremes, nor had anything
"age".

I have built some 5v power supplies for mobile AP testing using 7805
regulators and 2955 power transistors, but they really do produce a
tremendous amount of heat.  I'd like to keep that heat out of the box.  I
guess I could rivet the regulator/transistor to the back of the waveguide
(call that a heatsink?  THIS is a heatsink!), but I was trying to keep
things neat.

Lyle Williams
VK1XLW
27DEC02