New list member

Lyle Williams lyle.williams at bigpond.com
Fri Dec 6 22:48:59 EST 2002

Hi all,

<brief introduction>

I'm having a play with this 802.11b stuff in Canberra.  I'd be interested in hearing from anyone in the area also fiddling with the same stuff.

WLANs are definitely new to me, but I have a bit of an RF background (ham radio operator, VK1XLW), a bit of a networking background (CCIE, etc), and many years worth of unix fiddling.

I've picked up a DWL-900AP+ and a DWL-520+.  I have built a pair of RHCP helix arrays that have (paper) gains of 24dBi.  Struggled with reverse SMA connectors, but worked out how to convert Jaycar SMA's to reverse SMA's (just before I discovered that Rojone stocked reverse SMA's.)

I've read the O'Reilly on Wireless LANs.

Where too from here?  I wouldn't mind joining / setting up some cross-town links.

</brief introduction>

Lyle Williams
06DEC02

PS:  g'day to some familiar email addresses on the list....