Wireless and Redhat 7.3

Jean-Jacques Tchouto tchouto at fokus.gmd.de
Fri Aug 23 19:42:19 EST 2002

>Jeff wrotes,

>I just downloaded and installed Redhat 7.3 onto my Dell Latitude Laptop.  I
>have a Lucent Orinoco Gold pcmcia card.  I had Redhat 7.2 installed and had
>no problem installing this card, but on 7.3 I go to Network Configuration ->
>Device tab -> Add and there is no 'Wireless Connection' option.  Could
>anyone help my to get my wireless card up and working.  Thank you in advance.

To solve the problem, just copy
etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 to
etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 and then modifie the field
"TYPE" to Wireless(e.g. TYPE=Wireless), save it and start
redhat-config-network tools and configure Wireless (eth1) again.

I hope this will help.

Best Regards,

Jean-Jacques.