WMP11, FreeBSD and large files

Benjamin Close cisbjc at cs.unisa.edu.au
Mon Aug 19 15:15:50 EST 2002

Bruce Rhodewalt wrote:

>This isn't a Samba question, or a question relating to Australia, but the
>group seems helpful and intelligent, so I'm hoping you can help.  I'd like
>to identify my problem and fix it.  I'm looking for troubleshooting advice,
>primarily.
>
>On my FreeBSD 4.6 server, with a Linksys WMP11, small files transfer fine,
>but large files (> ~100K) timeout.  This happens using both WebDAV (Web
>Folders) and Samba.  I have tested by copying files from the clients
>(Windows 2000 and Windows 98) to the server.  If the server is connected by
>100Mbps Ethernet, there is no problem.
>
>I've included settings and details below.  I'm running smbd and nmbd as
>daemons.  For WebDAV, I'm running Apache 2.
>
>Thanks for any help.

Have a look at the freebsd-mobile mailing list. They have been
discussing a number of problems regarding the wireless (wi) driver. One
of them was large file transfer problems with specific cards.

http://docs.freebsd.org/mail/archive/2002/freebsd-mobile/

Cheers,
    Benjamin

--
3D Research Associate                            +61 8 8302 3669
School of Computer and Information Science       Room D1-07, Levels Campus