Lockups with Orinoco and 2.4.19

Thomas Bueschgens sledge at seconet.de
Wed Aug 14 18:21:34 EST 2002

Hi David, thanks for the fast reply.

   On Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:00:03 +1000, David Gibson
   <david at gibson.dropbear.id.au> said:

David> Don't use version 0.12x of the orinoco driver.  They're all
David> broken due to a misguided design idea on my part.

So I take it that you recommend staying with the kernel-delivered
version of the orinoco-driver?

David> The other problems may be due to firmware 8.10.  They seem to
David> have made some gratuitous changes in this version, that we
David> haven't fully worked out how to deal with yet.

Do you think "downgrading" the firmware (if possible at all) would be
a sensible solution / approach to this problem? Right now it is kind
of sub-optimal to have no connectivity at all under linux.

Or would it be more prudent to "sit'n'wait" until some newer version
of the driver / kernel will solve this problem?

Thanks again for any sense-making advice,

        Thomas

 Thomas Bueschgens      sledge at seconet.de
 On the other hand, you have different fingers