setting the bit rate

Stephen Bennett bennetts at cs.curtin.edu.au
Fri Aug 9 17:25:15 EST 2002

I've noticed even with out a link up iwconfig reports 2M as the connection
speed (seems to be the default that shows up.)
Also i've noticed that to change some settings on iwconfig you need to
ifconfig down the device and then bring it up.

Possibly try setting the Speed and even if it doesnt say its at 1M or 11M,
see if you see some speed changes.