Orinoc drivers and rh 7.1

Phil Schlesinger linx4prs at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 9 14:23:22 EST 2002

Since I'm running a nearly identical setup on RH 7.3, kernel 2.4.18-5, and have
worked extensively with it (patching the orinoco_cs driver with Sxax patches to
run Kismet and gaining RAW Sockewt access to r=the card with no problems, let
me suggest: update your RH to 7.3, it will automatically default to wireless
and recognize your card & the pcmcia card manager will load the orinoco/hermes
stack, etc. Also the wireless extensions and othre facilities are all up to
date.

One possible problem: some of the Lucent orinoco firmware updates suck, and in
particular will not work with the recent driver mods and patches. Most people
(including me) have ended up DOWNDATING to firmware v6.06 which runs very well.

I admit to being =new to Llinux, but most of this stuff is still fresh in my
mind (last two weeks) so please let me know if I can be of any help.