SMC7004AWBR good choice for Linux and RISC OS use?

Rien rien at rosmalen.demon.nl
Mon Aug 5 06:40:44 EST 2002

I am looking which bridge, router, access point or gateway I should buy,
to be able to establish a point to point connection between an office with
existing ethernet network and cable internet access, and home at 7KM distance.

I will have to use some good antenna's in a Line Of Site position to each
other, so I will need two stations and at least one of them should be able
to be used as a bridge.

The home site might just be a client.

I have seen that the SMC 7004AWBR seems to be a nice choice, with several
extra's as printer-server and dial-up back-up.

At the home site I hope to be able to use simular device, but that might
not be possible because most routers/gateways seem not usable as client.

Is the router 7004AWBR good for at least obne site of the connection?

Does anyone of you have experience with this router, in combination
with linux?

I would like to manage it with a non-windows computer..

Rien
Mertens, Rosmalen. Email: mertens at rosmalen.demon.nl