Newbie: Wireless Telephone

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Fri Aug 2 08:06:12 EST 2002

> As far as I know, this only applies if you're connecting a device to
> telecommunications network.

True.  It did sound like he was trying to connect to the phone network
somewhere.

> If you're just using it to make a Voice over IP call to another
> location on the wireless network, it should be fine.

That shouldn't be a problem, because wireless networks are covered by the SS
class licence and the interconnection to the public telecommunications
network is via an approved device (i.e. phone/cable/DSL modem).  You  should
also be able to interconnect to the phone network via either someone else's
gateway, or you own, if you use a device like the Internet LineJack (a
hardware/software VoIP gateway).

---