D-Link DWL-650H

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Fri Aug 2 02:23:49 EST 2002

Hi, Johnny!

Please don't quote the whole message in the way you did.  RFC-1855
recommends against it.

> http://www.red-bean.com/~proski/symbol/spectrum24-0.3.5.tar.gz

I forgot to say that you need orinoco_cs, not spectrum_cs.  You may have
some luck with the stock orinoco 0.11b too - I didn't do anything except
removing some wrong warnings that also can contribute to the timeout.

> However, regarding to your last point, I believe firmware is hardware
> related and should not affect how cards are running under different OS
> with different drivers. If so, I do not understand why the cards are
> communicating perfectly under Windows XP with the same 128bit WEP
> enabled...

WEP is not software-related, but timeouts and resets are.  Most drivers
use more than one buffer (fid) for transmission.  Orinoco uses only one,
and resets the card when the buffer gets clogged.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin