Sharp Zaurus (ARM) lockup with Z-Com XI-825

Martin Mueller lists at sig21.net
Tue Apr 23 02:57:35 EST 2002

Hi,

On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 02:01:50PM -0700, Ben Greear wrote:

> I'm interested to know how your Melco NIC works out too!

Well, I got the Melco today, and it works exactly like the Z-Com card.
It seems to be better build though. It has a more stable enclosure and
is a lot thinner than the Z-Com card.

have the same lockups with the Melco too. Except from that it works
great. So if you use the card just to browse the web, all is well, but
as soon as you start some kind of "server" on the Zaurus, either ftp
or vnc and transfer a lot of data, the device locks up solid. That
won't happen with the prism2_cs driver, so I'm quite sure the
orinoco_cs driver is at fault.

so long

bye
  MM