Orinoco problems after dhcp

Damien Challet dchallet at netcourrier.com
Tue Apr 23 00:52:48 EST 2002

Dear all,

I have a 3com Airconnect 3CRWE73796B pccard, pcmcia-cs-3.1.33,
wireless-tools.23.

Here is the problem:

when DHCP is disabled, the card gets its static IP, recognizes the AP MAC,
blinks more rapidly, so something works at least.

Then, when I use dhcpcd, ifconfig and route shows that everythings went all
right, the card keeps blinking fast

BUT

the first time I try to connect to remote address, either with ssh or with a
web browser, the connexion between the AP and the card is lost, as iwconfig
shows (no more AP MAC, and ESSID is now set to ""), and the blinking is now
slow.

With pump, the connexion is lost as soon as I get the network parameters.

Do anyone have an idea about what happens?

PS: my setup works fine with win98.