Sharp Zaurus (ARM) lockup with Z-Com XI-825

Martin Mueller mm at sig21.net
Sun Apr 21 06:01:36 EST 2002

On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 12:43:37PM -0700, Ben Greear wrote:

> I have similar problems on my strongarm device.

So you also experience solid lockups of your device, or just the
tx errors I read about in the mailing list archives?

> Is the prism2_cs found in the kernel, or is it part of an external
> PCMCIA package?

Sharp is using the kernel-pcmcia support and the pcmcia drivers
themselves are compiled into the kernel, the device drivers (aka.
serial_cs, prism2_cs, etc.) are compiled as modules and are loaded
from cardmgr. I compiled hermes.o, orinoco.o and orinoco_cs.o as
modules and copied them into /lib/modules/.../pcmcia.

> I'm interested to know how your Melco NIC works out too!

I'll let you know monday afternoon / evening (GMT) :)

bye
  MM