About the Orinoco driver

Joel Fressa joelfressa at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 18 06:32:38 EST 2002

Hello!

  I have been using 2.4.x kernels (Usually newer than 2.4.17)
and PCMCIA 3.1.31 or better but my problems persist!

  What bugs do I need to worry about with a monolithic
Kernel that supports the Lucent/Agere PCMCIA chipset?
I have an Orinoco silver AND the Melco WLI-PCM-L11G both.
I think they are PrismI chipsets but possible PrismII.
Also, I am pretty sure they are NOT PC cardbus - Thats
the really fast PCMCIA bus, right? I think mine are the
older 16bit stuff.

  Pretty much tried everything. Compiling Orinoco drivers,
compiling wvlan drivers, tried the other wavlan drivers,
tried RH 7.1,7.2,7.2 beta, Mandrake 8.1, 8.2. Etc.

  Right now, I can actually ping across my ISP AP but
I can not go through the AP. I can ping another PC on
the same subnet but if its not on my subnet OR its
an address out on the internet, its worthless. Very
very strange. ALSO, I can not ping the AP gateway.

  What joy.

Thank you for any help!!

Joel