Difficulties to install,Info needed..

Jarmo Kettunen oh1mrr at nic.fi
Tue Apr 16 21:49:33 EST 2002

Hi

Just have tried to get my wlan working in Mandrake 8.2 and have
difficulties a lot.

I have Orinoco-silver-card TI-1225 cardbus adapter.
Mandrake installation failed when started to look PCMCIA...it just
hung that point,after two beebs,I suppose was indigation of found card.

Ok.Took adapter and card away,installation went like in western movies,
without any whisky and dead indians...;-)

Installed adapter and card and had to struggle long time,when got it working
.Had to compile kernel without pcmcia and drivers.

Installed pcmcia-cs-3.1.30 and newest drivers from orinocowireless.com.
Ok...working,but can't use forinstance wireles-tools,nor orinoco_cs...

I tried this with pcmcia-cs-3.1.33 but that fails in compile stage.

I have now tried with 3 kernels also,mdk's 2.4.18,2.4.18 from kernel.org
and 2.4.19-pre6...Same results....

Now if I compile kernel with pcmcia and start computer I get: