Symbol PCI Card and RedHat 7.2

Brian Johnson bjohnson at jecinc.on.ca
Fri Apr 12 06:58:15 EST 2002

I recently bought a couple rebranded Symbol Spectrum24 cards in PCI adapters
(rebranded as Nortel e-mobility cards)

My RedHat 7.2 Linux system isn't telling me that it's a pcmcia adapter -
it's telling me it's a Network controller

With a couple of other people who got these cards (the pc cards work
sepearately in laptops but I need it in a desktop) set up a wiki page to
keep notes on at:
http://uw-linux.uwaterloo.ca/ww-wiki/Nortel_20E_2dmobility_20cards?action=sh
ow

The web site at
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/Orinoco.html sounds
like the orinoco_cs driver might work as a stright ethernet controller for
this card (is this a what they call a PLX adapter?)

Has anyone had any luck with this type of hardware and do they have any
pointers/advice?