any PCI or PCI->PCMCIA adaptors?

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Tue Apr 9 18:37:33 EST 2002

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Toby Corkindale wrote:

> i haven't been regularly subscribed to this list, so hope this isn't
> annoying.. Just wondering if anyone has any PCI->PCMCIA adaptors for
> sale second hand, or a plain PCI card which is supported by Linux?

We've been working on some deals for PCI <-> PCMCIA cradles here in
Sydney. We are waiting on another 100 cards to become available, but I am
not sure when. The last lot we were getting for $55 AUD each.

I can get PCI <-> CardBus Ricoh chipset cards for just around $100 (give
or take, I have been given an estimate).

> My laptop's doing fine, but it'd be nice to be able to use it at home,
> and the previous deal on a pci wireless 802.11b card fell thru so i
> never got one..
>

> Also, does anyone here know the people with 4 wireless nodes in or
> near Prospect, SA? Can see houses with the right antennas, seem to be
> pointing at a common node, and I reckon I could probably hit them from
> my place about a kilometer away, but uphill from them so should get
> over the houses inbetween.

Check out the node database at www.sydneywireless.com .. it list Adelaide
sites in there, and there are some links on the links page to Adelaide
groups.

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby   : Doof.org                     -> jalovick at doof.org
Director: Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd    -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au