3Com 3CRWE73796B

Alex alex at xerxes.stru.polimi.it
Fri Apr 5 20:41:18 EST 2002

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 02:11:42PM +1000, David Gibson wrote:

> Try version 0.11 of the driver, which I just released on my website.
> You'll also need to give the option "reset_cor=1" to the orinoco_cs
> module.

ok.
It worked... the first time.
then I removed the card and reinserted it and I was not able to have it run
anymore....
Now I get theese errors:
kernel: hermes @ IO 0x100: Timeout waiting for card to reset (reg=0x0000)!
kernel: hermes @ IO 0x100: Timeout waiting for card to reset (reg=0x0000)!
kernel: eth1: Error -110 shutting down Hermes chipset

There's one strange thing:
it seems that the nic works only if it had been off for some hours, if I use
it and then I try to turn it off and on it sotps working...

can it be a hardware related problem?

thank, bye
--
Alex