Easy question...Compatibility

Toby Corkindale tjcorkin at sa.pracom.com.au
Tue Apr 2 16:03:45 EST 2002

For what its worth, my laptop with mandrake 8.1 installed on it, detected
and brought up a pcmcia wavelan/orinoco/hermes/cabletron/enterasys/etc card
fine when I plugged it in.

The kernel recompile, pcmcia recompile, wavelan-tools, tcpdump, libpcap,
etc. etc. updates were only neccessary because I wanted to do raw crypted
traffic sniffing. Basic tcp/ip functionality was fine out of the box.

if you're having trouble getting things to work, there may be a more
fundamental problem?

-Toby