[Long Rant] Re: Encryption Question

Steven Hanley sjh at wibble.net
Tue Sep 18 09:26:58 EST 2001

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 01:40:35PM -0400, Dominick, David wrote:
> I am sorry, but I am not sure where you get your information. That is wrong.
> The encryption is irrelevant to the way we break WEP. The Initialization
> Vector is 24 bit period. that does not change based on encryption size.

Okay so the key can be obtained irrelevant of the hardware you use, however I
would assume, and so did Alex I guess, that if you easily want to subsequently
read all data going over the wireless network using 128 bit encryption, you
need a card that supports 128 bit encryption, if you  have obtained the key
bit do not have a card that supports it how easy is it to use that key to read
the traffic on the network?

        See You
            Steve

--