alpha and wireless

Brett Lymn blymn at baesystems.com.au
Wed Sep 12 11:03:22 EST 2001

According to Joseph Sirucka:

>I gather that it works with a webgear card, but not with a wavelan card. I need it
>to work with the wavelan card since it has a external area.

I will need to check but the guy I checked with said his ISA pcmcia
bridge was just a no-name card that came with the webgear.  I would be
_really_ surprised if the wavelan does not work (I will check with the
alpha guys).  I do have a pair of wavelans working fine in a couple of
intel machines running NetBSD at home, about the only hard bit is that
the wavelans require a fairly large memory space to work, larger than
the default is configured for.

> So what isa pcmcia will
>work with a wavelan in a alpha.

I believe that the bridge is a separate issue from the wavelan
itself.  When I can get hold of the alpha experts again I will double
check that for you.