don't get rj45's with power on them wet.

Geoff Watts wattsg at laboratory.innaloo.net
Wed Sep 5 09:49:01 EST 2001

Hi Jason,

The connectors that were corroded carried DC ground, and +12 DC volts.  I
dont know how the connector next to them corroded also, but it could have
possibly been grounded in the switch.

The equipment is not earthed, and the connector and joiner (yellow plastic
connector in picture) was in-line with a piece of cable, and wrapped in
self vulcanising rubber tape (which leaked).

Considering the quite decent DC voltage potential, the grunt of the power
supply, and the fact that we were pulling almost an amp through those pins
from time to time was enough to convince me that it was our own stupid
fault :)

cheers,
geoff