Skynet Global compatibility?

Bob Edwards Robert.Edwards at anu.edu.au
Tue Oct 30 16:35:25 EST 2001

Brad Hards wrote:

> I picked up a brochure for a company offering wireless access in some areas
> (http://www.skynetglobal.com), and it looked kind of interesting (range of
> plans, probably 22c/min).
>
> Has anyone played with this with Linux (specifically, with a 2.4 kernel, and
> the orinoco driver for a Prism II type card)?
>
> Also, does anyone know how the authentication works?
>
> Brad

Had a look at this site - not so easy to work out exactly what they
are selling!

Anyway, they will probably make a lot of money - on their "Sign-up Now"
page they define:

         'MB' means Megabyte equalling 1000 bytes and represents
         traffic usage on the Internet

so, if they can sell someone 20 MB of data and only have to pay for
20k, they are going to be WAY out in front.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.