Orinoco + routing

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Tue Oct 30 11:24:40 EST 2001

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 04:39:00PM -0500, Petar Maymounkov wrote:
> however, there is something wrong with routing. when i type "route"
> it hangs and doesn't print the routing table past the first line.
> and of course, i cannot ping anything else but myself.

Apart from your other problems, you're having trouble talking to your
nameserver. Until that is resolved, use just ip addresses. My bet is that
route -n will work fine.

> when i unplugthe pcmcia card, "route" starts working normally again and
> prints the loopback routing entry.

The gateway address doesn't resolve.

> doesn anyone have an idea what the fix to this can be?

Can you ping your gateway as given by the route command.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog at svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/