Reverse ARP

Chandana Pairla C.Pairla at flarion.com
Wed Oct 24 02:07:16 EST 2001

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone spent time on this...
The ioctl to the Aironet card returns the MAC address of the AP. I would
like to extract the IP address of the AP. I could use rarp but it is not
functional in the latest kernels...and I read it is being phased out. And I
know you can get the IP address because I am using a cisco utility that
displays the IP address of the AP...ofcourse since I dont have the source
for it, I cant see how they are doing it. Perhaps someone has an idea how to
do this?

Thanks and Regards,
C.

Chandana Pairla