Orinoco Gold / Dell 7000 Driver Problem - Need Help

Phil at The Point phil at kangaroopointcliffs.com
Tue Oct 23 10:50:22 EST 2001

David

I have had some problems with wavelan cards and the default kernel
modules.

I read the Wireless HOWTO
(http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/) and it suggested
not using the kernel modules, but just to enable wireless configuration
in the kernel build.

Then use the drivers that get compiled in the PCMCIA configuration (the
drivers from here http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcmcia-cs/)

Doing this solved my problems with my setup. Might be worth giving it a
shot.

Phil.