Location, location

Reynolds, Alfred Alfred.Reynolds at dsto.defence.gov.au
Wed Oct 17 13:56:32 EST 2001

DTED1 is a 3 sec arc which equates to about 90m on the ground. It is
topographic only (it used to be/still is derived from people reading
topographic maps and inputting the data). Buildings would certainly be a
problem but I suspect that its only really an issue for those in heavily
built up areas (which means its not a problem for people in Canberra ;).
Fresnel zone clearance with buildings will be an issue, but as a rough guide
it will be close enough. I do not know of a source of info that contains
structures (dted1 is +/- 30m in the vertical....), if someone does I would
love to know about it :)

As for the data itself, it comes in 1 degree wide chunks (with the filename
denoting the sw corner of the data), with each file being about 2.76mb. I
will upload the data to a webserver I have access to when I get home and
then post a URL here.

http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~leonard/
QLD 4072  AUSTRALIA               ~` '~
B73CD65FBEF4C089B79A8EBADF1A932F13EA0FC8

Make sure that you have enough free memory in your temp directory.
	- Sun StarOffice README