Chaining wireless equipment

Brett Lymn blymn at baesystems.com.au
Wed Oct 17 11:24:02 EST 2001

According to joel at tristesse.org:

>I've been playing with different kinds of wireless equipment and have
>come up against something that may be a wireless problem or a general
>routing one, but hopefully someone has seen something similar!

It may be the packet latencies that are killing your throughput.  Try
tuning your tcp stack to allow more packets to be sent before you have
to receive and ACK - in Solaris the variables are tcp_xmit_hiwat and
tcp_recv_hiwat, you need to find the Linux equivalents (I am not a
Linux person....).  This is a fairly standard tweak for high
bandwidth, high latency links.