Using a Netgear MA301

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Sun Oct 7 23:53:29 EST 2001

On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 02:45:52AM +1000, David Gibson wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 01:04:58AM +1000, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've seen variuos references to people using this PCI host adapter to use a
> > wireless card in a desktop system. However, no matter what drivers I load,
> > none of them seem to work.
> >
> Well, I should be getting an MA401 and MA301 in the next couple of
> days, so I will soon find out what the situation is.

Well, according to a question on a freebsd list, it's got a PLX 9052 like
many of these wireless bridges. They just needed to add the PCI ID pairs to
their driver. It's if_wi.c if it matters.

Unfortunatly, I can't find this chip mentioned anywhere in the linux kernel
source. Seems to be some kind of PCI controller.

Am I correct in thinking that the driver is in orinoco.c and orinoco_cs.c is
merely a wrapper for pcmcia cards? In that case, do you just need a skeleton
orinoco_pci.c to make it work. Or do we need a simple bridge driver for it?

I can't beleive this hasn't been done before...
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog at svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/