Netgear MA301 works

Bjoern Giesler giesler at ira.uka.de
Thu Nov 15 21:28:11 EST 2001

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 15. November 2001 10:55 schrieb Martijn van Oosterhout:
> May I request you send the patch as a unified diff (-u). This patch
> does not contain enough context to reliably patch the source.

OK. Unified version attached.

> I'm also concerned about the i386 specificness of the patch but someone
> who knows about this can fix that.

Hmm. Do you think changing the outl/inl to outb/inb would help? We're
only fiddling with bit 6 on the lowest byte anyway, and the endianness /
word order of the PCI bus is defined.

> The zero address is not necessarily bad. Although the i386 architecture
> does define a use for I/O addresses beginning with zero, this is not a
> feature of PCI.
>
> Besides, ioremap fiddles the memory maps, it doesn't check whether what
> you are trying to map actually exists. How would one check that
> anyway...

OK, so if pci_resource_start() is 0, that doesn't mean anything special?
Is it pci_resource_len() that is important? Where do the PCI resources
get set anyway?

Regards,
		--Björn
--