Further update

Thomas Olsson D.T.Olsson at staffs.ac.uk
Tue Nov 13 21:25:16 EST 2001

Ok, some more information on the "eth1: Transmit timeout".  At startup I
get umpty errors which then more or less stop.  If I try and ping a server
on the eth1 sub-net (the public network) which it can not see then I get
the timeouts followed by "Destination host unreachable".  I do have samba
running on the server so could the initial errors be due to samba sending
out election information etc?

Still does not solve the problem though.

If I issue a "route" command, it lists all the internal routing and then
sits there for a while (spitting out lots of timeouts) after which it
comes back with the default router listed as being connected to eth1.

Regs
Thomas