Install question

Thomas Olsson D.T.Olsson at staffs.ac.uk
Tue Nov 13 04:48:17 EST 2001

Afternoon all,

Have a Lucent Wavelan (Orinoco) card in a RedHat 7.1 machine and have a
couple of queries.  I have looked at lots of online documentation and seen
similar questions asked before, but they always lack the answers :)

Basically, I am using kernle 2.4.2-2 and version 3.1.24-2 of the pcmcia-cs
packages.  The wireless card is picked up fine by RedHat and it configures
OK.  A Windows box running the Lucent test software connects in a
Peer-to-peer manner and indicates a strong link.  however, I keep geting
timeouts (wvlan_cs: eth1 Tx timed out! Resetting card) and we can not ping
between the machines?  I am currently using wvlan.cs and did have a look
at the orinoco module but that wont build on this machine.

The question then; is it possible to get this working OK with the current
driver or am I better of trying with a newer kernel source and then either
the orinoco or the wavelan2_cs driver?

Any thints/tips are very welcomed.
Regards and thanks
Thomas