Netgear MA301 and IRQs

Bjoern Giesler giesler at ira.uka.de
Mon Nov 12 20:46:02 EST 2001

Hi,

I'm having troubles with the Netgear MA301/Lucent WaveLAN Silver Turbo.
The problem seems to be known (I've browsed the archives) -- the card
gets identified and seems to run fine, but it doesn't give any interrupts
to the kernel (at least, that's what "cat /proc/interrupts" suggests).
Instead, I get a lot of "Tx timed out" in the console. I've tried this
with a production 2.4.14 kernel (0.08a) and the version 0.08b from David
Gibson's 'testing' directory; the latter one doesn't segfault on rmmod,
but it has the same IRQ problem.

Has this problem been solved already? If not, I've found a posting on the
freebsd-mobile list that suggests that they had a similar problem and
fixed it by fiddling with the card's IRQ control register. These posts
seem relevant:

http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=318765+0+archive/2001/freebsd-mobile/20010826.freebsd-mobile
http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=321477+0+archive/2001/freebsd-mobile/20010826.freebsd-mobile

The latter one has a code snippet that might do the right thing -- if
anyone tells me just where in the orinoco_plx code I have to put it in,
please do so ;-)

Thanks a lot in advance,
		--Björn
--