galaxy dish antenna?

telepath at iprimus.com.au telepath at iprimus.com.au
Sun Nov 11 03:32:56 EST 2001

Good evening,

I'm new to all of this so forgive any inaccuracies.

I have a galaxy dish. The LNBF (Low Noise Block
downconverter with integrated FeedHorn?) has the
following printed on it:

Ku-12.25  LNBF
VOLTAGE CONTROLLED H/V SWITCHING

INPUT      12 25-12 75 GHz
OUTPUT   950-1450 MHz

GAIN: 55 dB Min
VDC: +12 to +22
NOISE: 1.1 dB Max

It's ceramic, and looks something like this:
________________
|_______________|
                    |  |
                    |  |
                   /   \
                  /___\
                 |____|   (blue cap)

I know the LNBF converts the block of frequencies
(12.25-12.75) into 950-1450MHz frequencies, but
everything else I have no idea.

I'm not much of an electronics/radio person, but
would I be able to use this for wireless networking
as an antenna?

I know I'd have to modify it, but I have no idea how
to go about it and if no one can help, I'll just make
something else.

Thank you