Hello

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Thu Nov 1 16:37:39 EST 2001

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Tony Langdon wrote:

> > Well that's good to hear.
> >
> > Was I the only one recently who get an Email asking about the local
> > wireless networks, and a few other things from Tony Chan, Editor of
> > Wireless Asia Magazine ?
>
> Well, I don't recall seeing that email, so you might be.  FYI, the
> Melbourne list has been very active of late, so wonder if a lot of the
> activity has moved there. :)

Possibly. How has the Melbourne network been going ?

Some of the questions Tony raised about the state of
non-commercial wireless networks in Australia has lead me to wonder if the
wireless community will legitimise a little more and form an association
such as APANA became all of those years ago (hey, it got me on the net for
a while).

If there was such an association, would it be big enough and ugly enough
to hold a carriers licence.

Curious questions.

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby   : Doof.org                     -> jalovick at doof.org
Director: Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd    -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au